So my dad loves making salads. We have a huge garden with tons of veggies and he is absolutely crazy about it. I love it too! I get to use fresh ingredients all the time. I mean, if I want lettuce, I go out and pick it straight from the ground. It doesn’t get any fresher than that! The one thing we don’t grow is avocados (well, we don’t grow them yet. We have some baby trees that should start producing in about two or three years. Exciting!) Anyways, since we don’t grow avocados, my dad buys them at the grocery store like any normal human being. Except he buys A LOT. And then the next time he goes to the store, he buys A LOT again. Sooooo thats how I ended up with a ton of avocados… And what is the logical thing to do when you find yourself with an unlawful amount of avocados that are on the verge of over ripening?
YOU MAKE HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE (duh)
Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 5 ripe avocados
- 2 tomatos
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 large fresh cloves garlic
- 1/2 fresh lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Hot peppers (for those who dare)
- Core and peel avocados and put in large mixing bowl. Mash with a large fork, such as a serving fork, and set aside.
- Dice onion and mince garlic cloves and add them to the avocado. If you are using hot peppers, mince and add those too.
- Cut tomatoes horizontally in half, as if slicing for burger toppings. The stem hole should be in the middle of the top of one of the halves.
- With a spoon, scoop the seeds and goopy guts (no better way to describe it, sorry) out of the tomato sections. Discard the seeds and goop.
- Dice the remaining, firmer part of the tomatoes. Add this too the avocado bowl.
- Pour lime juice into the bowl, and add the salt.
- Mix until the juice is no longer separated. Enjoy with chips or fresh vegetables, or even straight from the spoon!