Waffles are a delectable treat that many have to give up when they realize that they have a gluten intolerance. I don’t personally have one, but I know people that do, and I also know people that avoid it for various other health reasons, and I feel that everyone still should be able to enjoy delicious waffles. So here is a gluten free, dairy free, clean recipe for protein waffles.
Gluten Free Banana Protein Waffles Recipe:
- 120g (1 large) banana
- 30g (1/4 cup) oat flour
- 21g (3 TB) coconut flour
- 1 tsp (6g) phyllium husk
- 3 packets stevia
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 120g (1/2 cup) egg whites
- 1/3 (80g) cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- Preheat waffle iron. Mash the banana.
- Add flours, phyllium fiber, baking powder, and stevia. Combine into thick dough.
- Add egg whites, milk, and any flavorings (I used butter extract). Mix until you have a batter. Try to get all chunks out.
- Cook in sprayed waffle iron.