Long weekends call for lots of family time, reading, sipping tea, and, of course, BAKING!
I’ve been experimenting with this recipe for a while and I think I’ve finally nailed it. Gluten free protein cookies? I think yes! I made this batch cinnamon cranberry cookies but really, you could make these chocolate chip, white chocolate macadamia nut, or even just bake the batter without any accessories!
Cinnamon Cranberry Protein Cookies Recipe:
- 30g (1/3 cup) oat flour
- 28g (1/4 cup coconut flour)
- 15g (2 TB) powdered peanut butter
- 20g vanilla protein powder (use PEScience or Quest Nutrition brand for best results)
- 4g (1.5 tsp) oat fiber (I use NuNaturals)
- 4 packets stevia
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 70g (5 TB) unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extact
- 2-3 TB water
- (Optional) 1 tsp cinnamon
- (Optional) 1.5 TB (14g) Cinnamon baking chips
- (Optional) 2 TB (20g) cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix all dry ingredients (except cinnamon chips and cranberries).
- Add Apple sauce, egg, and vanilla and knead into thick dough.
- Add water slowly and combine until dough has more moister in it, but is not turning into a batter yet. Here is an example:
- Fold cinnamon chips and cranberries into dough.
- Bake on parchment paper or greased baking shear for about 10 minutes.
This recipe makes 14 small cookies.
Macros per cookie (with “accessories”) 1F 6C (1.5 Fiber, 2 Sugar 3P
Macros per cookie (without “accessories”): 1F 4C (1.5 Fiber 1 Sugar) 3P