This week I bought Sarah Lynn’s new Healthy Cake Cook Book and have been trying out her recipes. They are seriously delicious and have given me some great inspiration for recipes.
Of course, being my lazy self, while making recipes I have to make sure that they are microwaveable so that making it is as effortless as possible. This is a recipe for chocolate cake. Im guessing that this can also be made in the oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
I like to use powdered peanut butter in my recipes as opposed to protein powder or flour because of its availability in stores and high protein content. Plus it gives my baked goods a delicious peanut butter nuance. You can replace it with protein powder or a flour but you may need to change the amount of liquid you use and/or the cooking time.
Single Serve Protein Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- 2 TB (14g) coconut flour
- 3 TB (15g) powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (20g) Cocoa powder (my favorite is Hershey’s Special Dark)
- Stevia, to taste (I use 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 TB (30g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (120g) pumpkin purée
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- Mix dry ingredients. Add Greek yogurt and pumpkin and combine to form a thick dough.
- Add water slowly and mix until evenly combined.
- Transfer to large microwave safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Top and enjoy!
Macros for cake: 265 calories 6F 35C (15 Fiber, 9 Sugar) 18P
I topped it healthy dark chocolate sauce and The Lion’s Choice honey graham protein peanut butter.