You all know how much I love sweets and especially ice cream. And you all know that I eat Protein Ice Cream very regularly because it is a) macro friendly b) super voluminous and c) delicious! What you may not know is that there are a million and two ways to make the recipe. So, though I have posted my version of Protein Ice Cream, it is absolutely not the only way.
When I eat ice cream for breakfast, I like to add frozen strawberries for some energizing carbs and vitamin C. You can use any frozen fruit you want; bananas and blueberries work great in this recipe as well! Here’s the recipe.
Strawberry Protein Ice Cream Recipe:
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/3 scoop (10g) protein powder (I use PEScience)
- 2g xanthan and/or guar gum
- 4 packets stevia, or to taste
- 1/6 cup (40g) fat free cottage cheese
- 1 cup almond milk
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Blend/ process until desired consistency is reached. It should take a lot less time than my original protein ice cream recipe.
- Top with you favorite toppings and enjoy!