Do you ever just crave a bowl of cheesy, delectable Macaroni and Cheese? I know that for me, Mac n Cheese was a childhood favorite, and I enjoy it’s indulgent flavor to this day. Unfortunately, it doesn’t pack a lot of nutrients for its significant calorie punch. <Tears>
So, I came up with this cauliflower recipe that is cheesy and delicious, with some serious volume and nutrition. And as a bonus, it takes 10 minutes to make and only has 3 ingredients!
I am not going to say it tastes exactly like Mac n Cheese, by any means, but this recipe does remind me of said scrumptious pasta dish; and it also reminds me that there are much healthier scrumptious things that can be eaten! If you are a fan of cauliflower and cheesy heaven, please give this recipe a try!
Cheesy Cauliflower Recipe:
- 1/2 head (300g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-3 wedges Sonoma Jacks light cheese spread (laughing cow is also great)
- Seasonings of choice: (I use Kernel Seasonings popcorn seasonings)
- Steam cauliflower. Drain.
- Put cauliflower in bowl and place the cheese on the cauliflower. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Using a knife or fork, roughly chop cheese and cauliflower while mixing the cheese into the cauliflower. It is ok (more than ok, actually) if there are chunks of cheese.
- Sprinkle seasoning on top and stir it in.
- ENJOY A WARM BOWL OF CHEESY YUMMINESS
Macros for Recipe (makes one large serving): 10F 18C (9 Fiber 9 Sugar) 13P