This week has been a whole lot of finals. But that’s all right, I have been preparing all year for these tests, and so far, my hard work has shown. It just serves as a reminder to me that constant hard work is more important than grueling studying right before.
Due to my preparation, I have had enough free time to create a delcious recipe for you guys- you’re welcome :).Protein Lava Cake is on the menu today. It is 4 ingredients, super easy, and decadently chocolatey. It is also pretty large and single serve.
One of the ingredients is Vitafiber Syrup, which is a high fiber sweetener that is used in quest bars. In, fact, you can actually make home-made protein bars with it, as well as cookies using my Vitafiber Cookies recipe. Vitafiber is an artificial sweetener (isomalto-oligosaccharaide or IMO), so if you are adverse to artificial sweeteners, you can omit this ingredient. The recipe will turn out dryer and will not have the lava-y center. It will be more like a huge brownie.
Protein Lava Cake Recipe:
- 1/2 cup (40g) dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1/2 cup (120g) egg white egg replacement
- 4 tsp (16g) VitaFiber Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 6 inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. This will allow the cake to flip out easily when it is done baking.
- Combine dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients to make a thick batter.
- Pour batter into prepared dish. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until middle is not jiggly. Flip onto a plate.
- Optional: top with powdered zero calorie sweetener (grind in coffee grinder to make powdered) and chocolate sauce. Oh, and let’s not forget the peanut butter 😉
Chocolate sauce recipe:
- 2 TB (10g) dark cocoa powder
- 2-3 packets stevia
- ~2 TB water
- Combine and enjoy!