Did you think you would have to give up pancakes on your diet? Think again! These pancakes are gluten free, refined sugar free, high fiber, high protein, and even superfoods infused! Using The Lion’s Choice Pancake Mix adds all kinds of superfoods (broccoli, acai, spirilina, are just a few of them!) and lots of protein. You can use just the pancake mix and water, but I prefer to jazz it up with some additions for some seriously fluffy, delectable pancake porn.
I want to share my discount code for The Lion’s Choice products, so that you guys can make these amazing pancakes too! Just type in “ANNA10” at checkout and you’ll get 10% off. If you are in a pinch and don’t have any of their pancake mix on hand, you can substitute another pancake mix, though it will change the nutrient content.
Cookie Dough Protein Pancake Recipe:
- 52g (1/2 cup) The Lion’s Choice cookie dough protein pancake mix
- 14g (2TB) coconut flour
- Stevia, to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 90g (~1/3 cup) egg whites
- 60g (1/4 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2TB-1/4 cup water (desired consistency)
- 6g (1 tsp) phyllium husk (use for SUPER fluffy pancakes! You can sub more coconut flour)
- Mix all dry ingredients except phyllium husk in bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until combined. (Note on water: more water= flatter pancakes, less water= thicker pancakes)
- Add phyllium husk last and mix in. Let batter sit while you heat your pan to medium heat.
- Grease pan and cook pancakes on each side until golden brown.
I love topping mine with spray butter, sugar few maple syrup, and peanut butter!
Hope you enjoy!