Fall is aproaching (hesitant as it is) and I am ready with a zillion and one recipe ideas for you guys! I love love love pumpkin spice season and cannot wait to cook up my favorite orange squash in all sorts of creative ways. Since fall is not quite here yet, and it’s nice and still toasty outside, protein ice cream seems like a good place to start.
This pumpkin spice version is just one flavor of the extremely versatile Protein Ice Cream recipe of mine, so if you aren’t a pumpkin fan, feel free to check that recipe out.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Ice Cream Recipe:
- 2-3 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup (240mL) almond milk
- 24g (3/4 scoop) PEScience snickerdoodle Select Protein (or protein powder of choice, vanilla would work great)
- 1/4 cup (61g) pumpkin purée
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Stevia, to taste
- 4g xanthan or guar gum
- Add all ingredients except xanthan/guar gum to a food processor or strong blender. Blend until ice is crushed.
- Sprinkle xanthan/guar gum into blender and continue blending until swirled consistency is reached.
- Enjoy! Freeze for 20-40 minutes if desired to thicken it a bit more.
I topped it with strawberries, puffed rice cereal, and The Lion’s Choice Honey Graham High Protein Peanut Butter, but you can top it with whatever your heart desires! Thank you for reading!