This week has been a whirlwind and it being Saturday means I finally have a chance to slow down and relax a bit. And of course, make some new recipes!
This one is definitely a keeper, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Before I tell you the recipe, I should note that I use Vitafiber Syrup as one of the essential ingredients in this recipe. It has unique properties and cannot be substituted with something else, but luckily it is super useful and fun to use so personally, I think it is worth investing in. If anyone needs a reference of how much comes in one bottle, a 2 lbs bottle lasts about 3-4 months for me.
Mini Blueberry Tarts Recipe:
- 5 tsp (25g) Vitafiber Syrup
- 1 tsp (4g) light Smart Balance Butter spread (or oil of choice)
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1/2 scoop (16g) Pescience Snickerdoodle Select Protein
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 packet stevia (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. In a small bowl, melt Vitafiber syrup and butter in the microwave until it is slightly bubbly (it should take 10-15 seconds).
- Add pinch of baking powder and protein to the bowl and stir until dough is formed.
- Press dough into a greased muffin tin or silicon muffin molds like these. Make sure to press some up the sides.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, until puffy and firm. If desired, broil for another minute or two to create a nice crunch.
- While those are baking, add blueberries and stevia to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, and stir. This will be the blueberry filling.
- Let crusts cool for 2 or 3 minutes and spoon filling into them. ENJOY!