Say hello to the latest addition to the Protein Pancake family. BIRTHDAY CAKE! And yes, there are sprinkles dispersed throughout the lovely batter and they make these pancakes the most festive breakfast that you will ever eat! Fluffy, sweet, fun, and did I mention, healthy?
These pancakes are made gluten free using The Lion’s Pack Protein Pancake Mix. Their pancake mixes are also high protein, refined sugar free, soy free, dairy free, and infused with superfoods to create some seriously healthy pancakes. Their Funfetti pancake mix is even vegan (though this recipe is not!) The mix can be combined with just water and cooked that way, but I like to add it to more complex recipes to ensure that I achieve the perfect texture and fluff-factor. If you’d like to try the pancake mix, or any of their other products, feel free to use my discount code ANNA10 and you can get 10% off of your order. If you don’t have this pancake mix on hand, any “just add water” pancake mix will do, but be aware that this will change the nutrition information for the pancakes.
Funfetti Protein Pancake Recipe:
- 1/2 cup (52g) The Lion’s Pack Funfetti Pancake Mix (or any pancake mix)
- 2 TB (14g) coconut flour
- 3 TB baking stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup (90g) liquid egg whites (or about 2 large egg whites)
- 1/4 cup fat (60g) free greek yogurt
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp (4g) psyllium husk (for extra fluffiness; can sub more coconut flour)
- (Optional) 1 tsp rainbow sprinkles
- Combine pancake mix, coconut flour, stevia, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add greek yogurt and egg whites. Begin stirring and slowly pour in water, adding only enough to create a cake batter consistency. It should not be too thin.
- Stir in sprinkles and psyllium husk and allow the batter to sit and thicken for two or three minutes. Preheat a skillet to medium heat while you are waiting.
- Spray the skillet with nonstick spray. Spoon the batter onto the skillet. Cook the pancakes for a one-two minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 8-10 4 inch (palm sized) pancakes.
Macros for recipe: 320 Calories 4F 43C (12 Fiber 6 Sugar) 29P
I topped my pancakes with the The Lion’s Pack birthday cake protein cookie dough, light whipped cream, and more sprinkles. Like they always say, it’s best to eat the rainbow!