When you think of indulgence, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Lava cake? Gelato? Grandma’s macaroni and cheese? What about warm pillowy pancakes on a beautifully crisp morning?
Ok, I’m drooling. Thre is no dought that pancakes make for a delightfully decadent breakfast. But what’s better is that they don’t need to be and indulgence at all! This recipe makes pancakes that are full of nutrients and don’t contain all of the sugar and other inflammatory ingredients that an average pancake involves. Additionally, they provide ample protein to keep you full longer and promote muscle growth throughout the day.
In this recipe I use The Lion’s Pack White Chocolate Pretzel protein pancake mix, which is infused with superfoods to add vitamins and minerals to your stack. The Lion’s Pack is always coming up with new flavors, and this one is especially delicious because is has chunks of gluten free pretzel in it! If you don’t own this mix, you can order it here and use my code ANNA10 to save 10% off of your order, or you can use any other pancake mix. However, The Lion’s Pack pancake mix is high protein and is gluten free, so heed the nutritional value and ingredients of substituting an alternative mix.
Another unique ingredient that I use in this recipe is Phyllium Husk fiber, which can be found in most grocery stores where you would buy Fiber Supplement powders. I use Konysl Brand and I bought it at my local Walmart. I use it in baking to create an acceptionally fluffy affect. If you don’t have Phyllium Husk however, adding 3-4g more coconut flour should produce a very similar texture.
Alright, enough waiting. Recipe time.
White Chocolate Pretzel Superfood Infused Protein Pancakes Recipe:
- 52g (1/2 Cup) The Lion’s Pack White Chocolate
- 15g (2 TB) coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 TB zero calorie sweetener (or to taste)
- 2 large egg whites (or 1/3 cup liquid egg whites)
- 60g (1/4 Cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp (4g) phyllium husk
- Whisk together the pancake mix, coconut flour, baking powder and sweetener in a mixing bowl.
- Add the applesauce, egg whites, and water, and stir until the batter is evenly mixed.
- Stir in phyllium husk and allow to sit for 2 minutes while you preheat your pan/skillet.
- Spoon batter onto greased pan/ skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Stack to the sky and enjoy!
Macros for recipe (makes 9-12 pancakes 3 inch in diameter): 320 Calories 5F 40C (12 Fiber, 8 Sugar) 28P
As always, I hope you enjoy!