As the weather gets warmer, there is one dessert that I cannot get off my mind. Ice cream <3. This ice cream recipe is creamy, decadent, and won’t break your calorie bank or cause you to have gas (if you are lactose sensitive like moi).
Since you need an ice cream maker for this recipe, I’ll share the brand that I use – Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. Additionally, iI have found that cashew milk and coconut milk yeild the creamiest result when compared to almond milk, but the latter will work if you are in a pinch.
If you would like to change the flavor, all you have to do is change the flavor of pudding mix that you use, and mix in whatever you want at the end. The possibilities are endless. As always, i love to read your comments and questions about the recipe so if you have any, leave them below. Thank you! Here is the recipe:
- 2 cups cashew milk
- 1/4 cup plain fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 TB (8g) sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1/2 tsp (2g) guar gum (xanthan will also work)
- 2 oz fresh strawberries, chopped
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except the strawberries.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your machine. I let mine run for about 15 minutes before it is nice and thick.
- Fold strawberries into the ice cream.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to two hours.
- Enjoy your creamy creation!
Macros for 1/2 cup serving (1/4 of recipe): 35 Calories 1F 4C (1 Fiber, 1 Sugar) 2P